We acknowledge our obligations to all recipients of our services to collect, manage, process and use their personal information (“Personal Data”) in accordance with the laws and regulations of each of the countries in which we operate, including without limitation:
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Pinciples;
- The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR)
Collection of information
For most products and services, it is necessary for Serendis to collect ‘Personal Information’ such as your name, identity details, contact details, transaction information and other personal details where needed. We may also collection Personal Information when:
- You create a user account in the Serendis website or request any form of support.
- You register or participate in Serendis webcasts, webinars or seminars/conferences.
- You request product or service information or materials.
- You participate in surveys and evaluations.
- You apply for a job or submit your resume.
- You submit questions or comments to us.
- Serendis may also collect Personal Information from individuals at conventions, trade shows, expositions and other industry events.
We do not generally collect sensitive information from you; however, if you provide such information to us, we will only collect that information with your express consent and only where such information is reasonably required for us to provide our products or services to you. We shall not disclose sensitive information to any other party without your consent
Why we collect personal information
We collect Personal Information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- Provide you with quality products or services
- Conduct marketing and social functions
- Analyse our services and customer needs to help us develop new and/or improved products and services, or as otherwise authorised by you.
Without such information, we may not be able to provide you with an appropriate level of service
Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies
We use various technologies to collect information, and these may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our customer service and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular and count visits.
We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our website or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.
Google Analytics, marketing and advertising
Serendis uses all features of Google Analytics. This includes collecting specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium and keyword used to visit our website. Google Analytics does not store any visitor-specific data and we will not use visitor-specific data in any way related to Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and remarketing. ]
What Personal Data we collect
Serendis collects Personal Data, including:
- the name, email address, phone number and country of residence.
- where relevant, name of employer and title.
- other information volunteered by the data subject (e.g. information entered on our platform or our website or provided to our team) or given to us with consent;
- Personal Data about the activities undertaken by a user, including wellbeing course completion, and use of features, links and third-party integrations.
The information described at (5) forms part of a user’s profile, which is created when a data subject first opens an account with an email address and password and which forms the basis of the user’s wellbeing record.
In addition to the Personal Data we collect about users, we also collect Customer Personal Data that is required for your contract with us, such as company affiliation, contact information, invoicing data, and physical address.
How long we hold Personal Data
We hold Personal Data only for so long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We are guided by our contractual obligations and by other lawful legitimate business interests. How long we keep the Personal Data we collect depends on: (i) the type of information; (ii) the purpose for which it is used; (iii) how sensitive it is; (iv) whether we have an ongoing relationship with the individual it relates to (e.g. you have an account with us, you are subscribed to receive communication from us or regularly visit or use our Services or Website); and (v) our legitimate interests (e.g. defending claims, resolving disputes, enforcing our rights and agreements, and statistical analysis or research).
The Personal Data may be retained in intermediate archiving, if it is necessary (i) for Serendis to fulfill its legal obligations or (ii) to provide evidence in case of litigation (data retention only during the local legal statute of limitations).
When your information is disclosed
We may disclose Personal Information outside of Serendis:
- As required by law or regulations, or as required by a regulator
- To our service providers, who provide services in connection with our products and services as contained in the terms and conditions of our products or service
By engaging us to provide products or services to you and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle your Personal Information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to the homepage of our website).
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and complete. You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to your Personal Information you have provided to us for the purpose of correcting, amending or deleting data that is inaccurate. We will do our best to respond to your request in a timely manner and grant your request as required by law.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may be able to escalate your complaint to an external dispute resolution scheme or to a regulatory authority. We can provide details of the appropriate scheme/regulator for you, as these may vary by jurisdiction.